Skip to content


Apprenticeships are an exciting option for employers. You can employ Apprentices at all levels, from school leavers to senior executives, or people new to your industry. You can place existing employees on an Apprenticeship to train them up for a new role or to take on greater responsibility.

Your Apprenticeship Journey

1. Choosing an Apprenticeship

We will talk to you to get a thorough understanding of your business and figure out how an apprentice could benefit your business. Do you have a current member of staff you want to train up? Do you have a gap in your skills and knowledge that an apprentice could fill?

2. Recruit an apprentice

We will make the recruitment process easy for you. We will advertise your vacancy on your behalf through the Apprenticeship Service, the first stop for individuals looking for Apprenticeship opportunities. We screen all applicants and supply you with 3 to 5 of the applicants best suited for you to interview for the role.

If you already have a member of staff to place onto an Apprenticeship programme, we will carry out all the necessary induction processes to start their apprenticeship.

3. Training

You will have a nominated Tutor/Assessor (TA) who will deliver training to your Apprentice. Your TA will deliver training monthly, with a mixture of face to face and remote tutorials. Right from the start, you have influence over what your Apprentice learns. We will design the curriculum based on your needs; if you have a particular element of skills or knowledge that you wish to be prioritised, your TA will design the delivery of the apprenticeship around your business’s needs. Your Apprentice will be allocated 6 hours per week dedicated to their Apprenticeship learning. This is called ‘off-the-job training’ time.

4. Review of progress

Every 8-12 weeks, you will have an opportunity to review your Apprentice’s progress during a three-way meeting with your TA, and your Apprentice. You have the opportunity to give feedback on your Apprentice’s development, and set targets for workplace skills and knowledge development.

5. End Point Assessment

End-point assessment (EPA) is the final stage of an apprenticeship. It is an impartial assessment of whether your apprentice has developed the skills, knowledge and behaviours outlined in the apprenticeship standard. We fully prepare your Apprentice for their EPA, including completing mock exams, online tests and questioning. Once all elements of the apprenticeship are completed, the apprentice will receive their apprenticeship certificate.

Employers FAQ's

  • No, there’s no upper age limit for an apprenticeship. The minimum age is 16 years.

  • The cost will depend on whether you are a Levy paying business (your wage bill is over £3 million) or a Non-Levy business (your wage bill is under £3 million). For Levy paying employers, you already pay 0.5% of your annual pay bill into the Apprenticeship Levy. This is your money to fund Apprenticeship training which is held in your online digital account. If you are a non-levy payer, the Government funds 95% of your Apprenticeship training fees and you fund the remaining 5%.

  • Off the job training is time for the Apprentice to come away from their work duties to focus on their learning. We will work with you to plan the best way to plan off the job learning to meet your business needs.

  • Our Apprenticeships typically last between 12 and 24 months, depending on the subject and level.

  • The government offer financial incentives to Apprentice employers who employ 1-49 employees. If you fall into this category and employ an apprentice aged 16-18 years you will receive a grant of £1000.