Health and Social Care
LEVEL 2 CERTIFICATE IN UNDERSTANDING AUTISM
Autism is a complex neurodevelopmental condition that affects how a person communicates with others and how they interpret the world around them. There are around 700,000 people in the UK with autism – more than 1 in every 100. Having a clear understanding of the misconceptions, diagnoses and support surrounding autism are just some of the essential skills needed when working in mental health.
• England (Distance Learning)
- Learn how individuals with autism process sensory information
- Understand the characteristics that may be present in individuals with autism
- Understand the conditions that commonly occur with autism
- Learn the common misconceptions surrounding autism
- Learn how speech, language and communication may differ in people with autism
- Recognise how legislation and guidance underpins support
- The learner must live in England and be over 19 years old
HOW TO SIGN UP
- Fill out our online enquiry form for access to our induction process.