Health and Social Care
LEVEL 2 CERTIFICATE IN THE PRINCIPLES OF THE PREVENTION AND CONTROL OF INFECTION IN HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE SETTINGS
About 300,000 patients develop an infection in England each year while being treated by the NHS. Protecting people from infection is an essential element of providing high-quality care, especially considering the capacity some potentially life-threatening infections have to spread within care environments.
• England (Distance Learning)
- Understand the purpose and principles of infection control and the procedures
- Understand how regulations inform policy and practice
- Understand roles, responsibilities, principles and processes in relation to cleaning, decontamination and waste management
- Understand the role of risk assessments
- Learn the importance of maintaining a clean environment
- Learn the sterilisation process
- Learn how to safely handle laundry
- Learn how to safely handle sharps
- The learner must live in England and be over 19 years old
HOW TO SIGN UP
- Fill out our online enquiry form for access to our induction process.