Apprenticeships


  • Apprenticeships are an exciting option for employers. You can employ apprentices at all levels, from school leavers to senior executives, or people new to your industry that want to change career direction.

    You can also place existing employees on an apprenticeship in order to train them up for a new role or to take on greater responsibility. An apprentice can be aged 16 or 100 plus!

    In order to decide whether an apprenticeship is right for your business, we will meet with you to discuss your needs and carry out a training needs analysis, before identifying the most appropriate apprenticeship training plan.

  • We take a flexible approach to training delivery, with training designed around the needs of your business. Tutorials are delivered via a combination of live online webinars and on site visits, and apprentices are assessed regularly to ensure the training continues to meet the needs of your business.

    Anyone can enrol on an apprenticeship, regardless of their prior attainment. Apprentices learn on the job, gaining real work experience whilst studying to gain the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to excel in their career. By the end of their apprenticeship, your employee will be certified as being competent in their role according to nationally recognised standards. You can therefore rest assured that an apprenticeship is a real stamp of quality.

View our Apprenticeships!

Fees and Funding


Apprenticeships are available to employers of all sizes, large and small. As long as you can provide an employee with a contract of employment, you can employ an apprentice. We are here to guide you at every step along the way, ensuring your business sees real benefits from apprenticeship.

The government is keen to encourage businesses of all sizes to engage with apprenticeships in order to grow talent and raise the nation’s productivity. There are various different funding options and financial incentives available for taking on an apprentice, depending on the size of your business. Find out more by exploring the options below for your business size.

Employers with an annual wage bill of under than £3 million do not pay the Apprenticeship Levy.

For these employers, 95% of  apprenticeship training costs are funded by the government. The employer contributes the remaining 5% of fees. The exact cost of fees will depend on the price of the apprenticeship, which is determined by the funding rate. Apprenticeship fees differ depending on the type of apprenticeship and its duration. For more information on funding rates, see the Institute for Apprenticeships.

Additional financial support may be available for taking on an apprentice. For example, you may be entitled to £1000 incentive payments if the apprentice is aged 16 – 18.

For employers with under 50 employees and where the apprentice is aged 16 – 18, the employer may be eligible for 100% funding for the apprentice, as well as the £1000 incentive payment.

Businesses can manage their own apprenticeship funds and payments through their own unique employer account with the Apprenticeship Service. We can support you in creating and managing this account to enable you to become familiar and fully competent with the system.

All businesses with a wage bill of more than £3 million pay the apprenticeship levy. Your levy pot is an investment in apprenticeships for your company, enabling your business to develop talent for the future. The government will top up your levy pot with an additional 10%.

You will be entitled to a £1,000 incentive payment for recruiting a 16-18 year old apprentice.

Funds in your digital account will expire after 24 months if not used.

You may choose to use your levy pot on recruiting new apprentices to your business, growing talent in-house. Alternatively, you may wish to offer apprenticeships to your current workforce, providing a pathway to exciting career opportunities for ambitious employees who wish to diversify their role or climb the ladder within your business.

Anyone can enrol on an apprenticeship, regardless of prior attainment, from school leavers, to top company executives.

We will work closely with you from start to finish to identify, plan and implement apprenticeship programmes that will bring real benefits to your business.

Learn more

To find out more about how we can support your business with apprenticeships, complete our enquiry form and someone get in touch with you.