Tips for securing an apprenticeship
to employers. Use the ‘FIT’ method:
1. F – Find out more about the employer – what do you know about the employer? Have you looked at their company website?
2. I – Identify yourself – get your personality across and identify the skills and attributes that you have that make you unique.
3. T – Tailor your application – don’t just send a generic application form that could be used for any job, think about your skills and experience and how they link to the job that you are applying for.
• Are there any spelling and grammar mistakes? Ask a friend or family member to check.
• Have you made enough of an effort to complete all sections of the form with detailed answers?
• Do you come across as passionate and interested in the job role?
• Have you matched your job application to the job advert? For example, if they have asked for someone with good communication skills, have you demonstrated that you have such skills? Give them an example.
• Do you meet the essential / desirable criteria that they have asked for?